Friday, September 16, 2011

Life Lessons from Substitute Teaching

I feel like substitute teaching has made me take myself less seriously and roll with the punches more in life.  The job has definitely opened my eyes to many aspects of education and a multitude of grade levels.  I've dealt with different teaching styles, administrative styles, and curriculum designs.  I've had good days and bad.  I've been faced with a number of different issues that have turned me into a better problem solver.  I know that my position is temporary - most of the time only a day or two - and the problems that arise each day are not going to be "the worst in the world" and they're not going to be the last problems I ever have.  The next day will bring new challenges and new triumphs.  Subbing has not only helped me learn more about myself as a teacher, but it has helped me learn more about my own capabilities and weaknesses as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment