Sunday, May 15, 2011

Educational Tweeting


I have just gotten back into Twitter and I must say, it's much more helpful than it was last time I used it.  I don't know if it's just the fact that more people are using Twitter than the last time I was really into it, or if my interests and objectives for the social media website have been altered and I have found more useful reasons to tweet.  Either way, I wanted to share the fact that I think it's really useful from an educator's standpoint so that other educators might start using it, too.

Not only are there countless educators tweeting their thoughts, feelings, and ideas, but many educational organizations and websites have joined the party as well, providing a wealth of resources for teachers in any point in their careers.

With so much uncertainty about job security in many school districts across the nation, it's nice to know that there is a teaching community online to turn to when you're looking for advice or ideas or just a place to vent about your personal thoughts.

If you are already on Twitter or if you decide to sign up at some point and join the conversation, please follow me @katrinakrull.

No comments:

Post a Comment